Friday, August 26, 2005
Wampi Came Out of His Cage ... for the Whole Day!

Yesterday, Wampi spent the entire day out of the cage. For those of you new to this site, that may not seem like a big deal but after all he's been through ... with the surgery, the cast changes, the final cast removal, the mental trauma ... it's amazing.

He spent the morning sleeping on the couch, then I put him on the floor so he could limp around a bit. Yes, he still has the limp but he doesn't seem to be in pain (no crying or meowing). The vet says he may have arthritis from all his trauma.

So he walked slowly through the apartment (very small so he didn't have far to go!) and then I turned around and I couldn't find him! omg ... I panicked. I looked everywhere ... I even looked out the window even though I knew there was no way he could even jump up to the window ledge let alone climb the gate to get to the top of the window (and yes, now my windows are locked). But I was still freaked. He can't even jump up or off the couch by himself yet.

So I got a flashlight and looked behind everything and there he was ... behind the couch in the far corner, grooming himself and looking quite happy. So I decided it was good for him to stay out and I left him alone. He stayed back there until almost 9pm when he came out for dinner and then he went to the table where his cage was and meowed. He slept in the cage but wow, he got the courage to stay out of it all day! He is definitely healing not only physically but mentally too.

Wampi is a survivor!
=^..^=


ps-can ya'll tell that his fur is getting thicker? He has gained a little weight (his back isn't bony anymore) and he is looking sooooo much better overall.
posted by Cam at 8:35:00 AM |

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

He looks wonderful. I am so glad that he spent the whole day outside of his cage. He looks so much better than he did. You have done an excellent job taking care of him. Thanks for keeping us updated Cam.

Friday, August 26, 2005 11:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he looks great!!!! this is all such wonderful news ^..^ glad he is doing better. it helps that he has a wonderful owner who is taking the best care of him =)

Friday, August 26, 2005 11:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good, WAMPI's BACK! He looks healthy in the pic. Now that he is active again his healing will progress even quicker.

Friday, August 26, 2005 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Blueyes said...

He looks so good and I'm glad he's getting the courage to stay out of his cage longer.

Friday, August 26, 2005 2:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't visit for a little while and Wampi sure looks great! His fur is definitely thicker and shinier and he has put on weight, too. I think he will get better and better about being out of the cage..PTSD, like you said, plus having been in a small space for so long, the apartment seems overwhelming to him. He'll be prancing around again, in time, don't worry. ;-)

As for your landlord, well, I think he smelled some bad PR brewing and decided it would be in his best interest to fix the latches. HEH!

Monday, August 29, 2005 4:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home