Friday, July 15, 2005
Wampi's 4th Friday Cast Call



Happy Friday Everyone!

Welcome to the 4th -- can you believe it already?? -- Friday Cast Call. And the website has a new look! Daria, a web designer at Web Divas redesigned the site free to help support Wampi's fundraising cause. She did such a great job, don't you think? Leave a comment today and let us know what you think of the new site. =)

As for Wampi, he is so adorable and so sweet. I'll admit, it was very hard getting these photos today ... he is standing more on his legs and wanting lots of attention. So I pet him, took a picture, pet some more, took another picture...you get the ... idea. =) The very fact that he is moving around so much really gives me hope that he will be able to walk well after the cast is off. The vets cautioned though that he will most likely have a limp and may even develop arthritis.

I picked him up during the off-and-on photo session and I was actually able to hold him next to me and he purred! If you have a cat, or even a dog, then you know how wonderful it is to have your furry one cuddled up with you. He was purring and looking at me with half-closed eyes (I think that means "I Love You" in cat-speak.

Donor Update: In the last week, there have been 12 more donors through PayPal including 2 overnight ... Daria and Sarah. =) Thank you! Wampi was not thrilled about me trying to write on the other side of his cast so I had to add to the same side as last weeks autographs ... very crowded now. I took a few pictures so if you donated, you should be able to see your name wedged on there!

So far $2,313.66 from donations & recycling. That's almost half of the total loan in about 5 weeks! Wow. Thanks everyone for your support either financially, emotionally, visiting the site, and of course through link referrals. THANKS AGAIN!
posted by Cam at 9:58:00 AM |

11 Comments:

Blogger Cam said...

ps-just got off the phone with the vet ... wampi gets his cast changed on monday.

Friday, July 15, 2005 1:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love what Daria did.
I'm so happy we could help out with Wampi.. we're all cat lovers and I'll ask them if we can adopted Wampi as the Web-Divas mascot! :D

Friday, July 15, 2005 6:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps. I need your recyling tips and secrets .. that is too much money for me to just throw in our recycle bin..

Friday, July 15, 2005 6:02:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, great new look for the site. I love the pawprints. :)

Good luck to Wampi on Monday. Let us know how that goes. Like I said before, I'm so glad his recovery is coming along quickly - and to hear that you got luvs and purrs today! Aww!

Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:11:00 AM  
Blogger Cam said...

thanks rachel & sarkasmo. =)

i would love it if wampi was the web-divas mascot! that would be so cool.

as for the funds raised, by far most of the money that has been raised comes from donations, some people donate $2 or even up to $20 and it is just really adding up over time.

also more and more people are recycling and telling me that the money is from cans or bottles or whatever. i would really like to get "recycling coordinators" set up around the country (world-dare i dream) to help collect and recyle.

lots of people in my building leave their recyclables in front of my door ... lines of cans and bottles on my doorstep ... sometimes it looks like there was a party! lol.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 2:36:00 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

The site revamp looks great, but what has happened to the google ads? I always click on them when I come to your site?

Saturday, July 16, 2005 4:44:00 AM  
Blogger Cam said...

ah...the google ads ... someone targeted them with a clicking program so i had to suspend the ads for now or lose my account. it sux and i'm upset that someone would maliciously do that but hey, that's what happened. not everyone likes cats.

for now, i'll have to rely on donations and recycling. for those who can't donate or recycle, comments and encouragement are always appreciated.

i'll probably put some ads back on the page eventually but want to wait awhile until i know more what happened and who did it. =(

Saturday, July 16, 2005 4:50:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Looking good! I'm glad to hear things are going so well :-D

Saturday, July 16, 2005 2:05:00 PM  
Blogger GreekGoddess said...

Daria is great !! I lvoe her and her work!!! Glad things are going well.. we all do the best we can for poor Wampi!!! Good luck on Monday !!

Saturday, July 16, 2005 6:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
Now that I know of Wampi-courtesy of Carnival of Cats-I'll add him to my blogroll when I get off work tomm. morning and mention him in a post.
Maybe I can get hubby to let me donate too.*grin*
Barb-mom to Sasha Kitty and Shady Cat.

Monday, July 18, 2005 2:25:00 AM  
Blogger Cam said...

Thanks Jen, Jenny & annonyinglittletwerp. =)

annoyinglittletwerp - i found your blog, pretty cool. And I've never heard of Carnival of Cats until now but it looks great. =)

Maybe you could email me with more details on how to participate? Does it take place every Friday? ... I saw that you are listed to host one in late August. Soooooo many cute kitties!

Monday, July 18, 2005 8:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home