Friday, July 29, 2005
Wampi's 6th Cast Call & Cat Nip Friday!


Wow! This is Wampi's 6th Friday Cast Call - amazing! I'm really hoping he gets his cast off next week. I can't wait for him to be able to get out of his cage and walk about.

The following photos are a series I just finished taking. I took lots of photos and ones of his cast but I thought, "hey, it's Friday ... maybe Wampi would like some catnip! That would relax him a bit so I could finish taking photos."

Um. It didn't quite work that way! He got all excited and a bit hyper, rolling around in the cage. He seemed very, very happy though! So I tried to take more photos but he was not having it. So I waited a bit longer than took more photos of his cast. The following is a synopsis of the photo shoot. I hope you enjoy them as much as Wampi enjoyed that catnip. =D

Donor Update: Thank you Richard & Stacy ... 2 new donors overnight. =^..^=
Total donors from the past week:16
Total donors on this cast (5th & 6th cast calls):41


Eating catnip.



Licking up every last bit.



Rolling around in the catnip.



Stretching out & relaxing.



Wampi completely relaxed after the catnip. I think he's wondering why that stupid camera flash keeps going off in his face!



Donors



More Donors



More Donors



and More Donors! I hope everyone who donated during the past week is able to see their name ... it was hard to write on this side of the cast and subsequently photograph the inner side of the cast. whew.
posted by Cam at 12:16:00 PM |

6 Comments:

Blogger Tor said...

Wow, catnip, what a treat! Great way to start the weekend, too. We've got three cats, and when there are three catnip rugs, they all still want to fight over one of them.
Peace,
Tor

Friday, July 29, 2005 2:32:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I sure hope it is only for one more week, and I know that whampi will be so glad.

Friday, July 29, 2005 4:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh happiness! Kitty pot! LOL!

Wampi looks great and I'm glad it's only a few more days until he gets his cast off.

Donation was my pleasure. :-)

Friday, July 29, 2005 7:32:00 PM  
Blogger kewpiedoll said...

Hey! I just wanna ask if Wampi's other leg is fine coz if I remember correctly it was also broken, right?

Saturday, July 30, 2005 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger Cam said...

drizzlenightsky - yes, both his legs were broken and the one that *doesn't* have the cast on was the one that was shattered ... broken in 7 places ... and put back together with a steel plate during surgery. The leg that has the cast on was also broken but it wasn't as bad. The vets wanted him to have surgery on both legs but we couldn't get enough of a loan to cover both legs. And the reason he is being kept in a cage isn't just because he has a cast on, it's because he has a steel plate in his other leg that has to heal. He had to be confined so his body would be less likely to reject the steel plate. He needs the X-rays to make sure that the leg with the cast on is healed enough so he can have it removed. I'm hoping that once his cast is off they will also ok him leaving the confinement of his cage. Whew. Hope that makes sense!

Saturday, July 30, 2005 4:31:00 PM  
Blogger Jenifer D. said...

Cats eat that stuff? And I thought it was just kitty pot-pourri. No play on words intended! ;-)

Sunday, July 31, 2005 7:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home