Sunday, October 02, 2005
My B-day =)
Hey everyone,

My life is settling down now. My family is ok and their houses escaped Hurricane Rita even though some were caught in a nightmare 24-hour evacuation on I-45 (they have some real horror stories of people who ran out of gas and just wandered lost on the road, not to mention gangs roaming the highways...freaky). My dad didn't have to evacuate since he lives south of Houston and it didn't go that way anyway.

Today is my b-day! I didn't do much today except relax and play with the baby. Rich cooked dinner tonight. Yummy. Wampi seemed to know and curled up in my lap a lot today. His birthday was a few weeks ago and we celebrated with catnip and kitty toys even though that was only a few days after our move and we didn't have electricity. He seems to love the new apartment and has been earning his keep by catching mice! He's caught 3 to date and I haven't seen any more at all ... I think he scared them all away. Good kitty.

I'm sorry (again) for not posting regularly lately ... it's just been a really hard month. A lot of people have said to me "how do you do all that you do?" and the answer is, lately I haven't been able to do it all. I just couldn't keep up with everything and that's why my posting lagged off. Moving is hard and harder yet when you have a family and the apartment isn't ready! Geez. At least it is all coming together now and I can really start to appreciate our move. I love the new apartment and our new neighborhood is nice too. Very residential. Where we lived before was full of businesses and bars ... 24-hour bodegas on the corner and now we live in this very residential Brooklyn neighborhood. I like the change. =)

For all of you who have missed Wampi's pictures, I just wanna say that I have taken tons of photos lately but I can't find my USB cable to upload them! I looked all day yesterday (while unpacking boxes and cleaning) and today I just kind of took a break from unpacking. I still have to unpack the boxes for my desk and I'm sure it's in there but unpacking takes so long! And Wampi likes to help ... well, he likes to get inside every box I unpack and sniff at everything. LOL. He's such a cutey! He has been such a sweetheart lately. I think it's because he has some room to move around, places to hide, mice to catch. I can't wait to post a pic of him with his prize from the other day. I got a pic of him after one of his mouse hunts!

Well, that's all for now folks. I think I'm now back to blogging. It feels good to write again and share all this. I'll be back again tomorrow ... hopefully with some new photos!

=^..^=
posted by Cam at 10:49:00 PM |

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Wampi is catching mice, the world must be nearly OK.

Happy Birthday.

Monday, October 03, 2005 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger Emerald said...

Happy Birthday Cam! Welcome back!

Monday, October 03, 2005 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

So glad that Wampi is earning his keep. Late Happy Birthday.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 3:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home