Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Wampi stretching and Restless


Well, it's been a rough week for me but it's just about over. Things are getting fixed and nothing else has broken. Wampi, the poor dear is getting restless. He rolls around in the cage and just a little while ago I saw him staring at me with his little kitty face pressed up against the side! awwww.... I wish I could take him out and let him wander around a little, but the vet hasn't ok'ed it yet. I just keep petting him throughout the day and that's all I can do right now.

Someone mentioned that since he hasn't used his legs in 2 months he might have to really build them up again ... I'm going to ask the vet what to expect and how long it will take him to regain those muscles.

I'm really behind on emails everyone so if you wrote to me please understand that I've had mucho problems this week and I'm going to try my best to catch up tonight. (GRRRRR @ Dell and their faulty hard drive!) I also have a bunch more pics to post under Feline Friends and Purrfect Pals.

I'm still really curious about recycling around the world so once I catch up, I'm going to do some research and compile all the emails & comments I've received. On a recycling note, our superintendent of our building says I'm welcome to come get cans in another building he manages. Awesome! I'll be picking up those cans on Wednesday evenings ... just gotta have someone to watch Avalon. (Or figure out a way to push a stroller and carry 2 hefty bags full of cans about 6 city blocks to the store! A wagon maybe?)

Next week I'll be recycling from 2 different buildings! Yay! I wonder if I can collect another 500 cans/bottles?

THANK YOU Dixie and Rebecca for your donations!

posted by Cam at 6:11:00 PM |

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've got a couple of better pics of petie and miracle on olivia's photo album at www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/meetolivia
its under the family folders...
you can also link to me there.
thanks,
sam

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 10:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just adore the look on Wampi's face..It's a real "awww I love ya Mum"!

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops, by the way Cam, hope the week is starting to look up for you, and all the "broken" stuff has been fixed.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Cam said...

=(

I'm so sorry, Jonathan. ((big hugs))

My thoughts are with you during this time.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

That look in his eyes. I am sure that he will be so glad when the vet gives him the ok to be out of the cage. I can't wait to see him up and moving around.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 3:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cam...

Jes so's ye know.

In hawai'i, we have HI-5... a 6cent surcharge on all bottles/cans for sode or beer that arent dairy or wine. The shops charge 6 cents extra, and give that to the state. Recycling centers then give people redeeming 5 cents back. So net, they lose 1 cent. The state then gives the recycling centers 6 cents... 1 cent profit per container.

So the customers are out of 1 cent per container no matter what. The thing is, SO many people don't redeem, that so far the state has over $7 million that they arent giving back out, because people paid the 6 cents, and didnt redeem... nice little money maker.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 5:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home