Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Wampi still isn't walking much, but at least he's off the pain meds


Thanks everyone for your kind words while I was sick. I'm still feeling run down but I'm doing better. I took Wampi out a little while ago and he purred up a storm sitting on my lap, but not surprisingly, as soon as I set him on the floor he limped over to the stool again ... he wanted to go back in his cage.

I think if I'm holding him he feels safe. But when he's out in the open he gets scared and that's why he wants back to the safety of his cage. I leave the flap open (during the day) and the makeshift stairs are there but he doesn't use them yet. He'll poke out his head and meow at me when he wants food, water or is about to use the cat box. Yes, it is sorta funny but right before he uses his cat box he will meow a bunch to let me know so I come running over, he uses it and then waits for me to scoop it out. lol. Smart kitty. He's got me waiting on him hand and foot! =) I don't mind.

And actually I'm starting to worry about him a lot less. He will be able to use the leg to walk around the house when he's ready. He's shown me he can limp across the living room too. I haven't given him pain medicine in 4 days and he doesn't seem to mind, but I do have more in case he wants it.

Now, I just have to take him to the vet one more time to see if he says Wampi can heal without another surgery. I really think he's just mentally traumatized and that his leg is probably sore and tender, but on the mend. He'll be going back once more (hopefully the last time for this situation) this Friday. As always, I'll keep people updated. =)

Wampi is almost healed and the vet bill is close to being paid off! Yay!!! Only need to raise $560.64 to reach the fundraising goal!

HUGE HUGE THANK YOU'S go out to Wampi's latest donors: Emerald, Stacy, and Robin. Ya'll are Awesome! =^..^=
posted by Cam at 12:15:00 PM |

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Glad you are feeling a little better. Now if we can get Wampi to venture out of the cage a little more. In time hopefully that will all change. Take care of yourself.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cam, haven't posted for a few days cause I been sick to. Hope you're feeling much better. The mental trauma the poor baby suffered will take more time to heal than the physical probably, but encouragement and hugs and cuddles seem to work the best. He really is one very much puddytat, and I think he knows that. With all you do for him plus looking after a baby and all the work on this site, I'm not surprised you're run down. I get exhausted just thinking about it!!. Hugs (gentle one for Wamp!) to you both, you're both legends, as are Emerald, Stacy and so many others here. Good luck and best wishes to all.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 7:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, welcome to the real world. There is no doubt now. You are 110% owned by a sharp fellow named Wampi. Litter box delivery, whoever heard!!!

Glad he is moving about even better. Something will get his curiosity and he will just have to venture out of his lair, less o course he can get some young gal to carry him to his object of attention.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 10:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor, poor Wampi. I agree on that PTSD thing; he's probably terrified of open spaces now. You are so good to take care of him!

http://www.taylorgifts.com/prodetail.asp?src=GOOG0205&itemno=22860 is a link to foam steps for animals who need a little boost up to another level, but you might not have room for them in your apartment now.

Thank you for letting us know how he's doing!

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 12:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home