Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Wampi makes confetti!
The past couple of days Wampi hasn't even gone near his cage. He is definitely happier! He sleeps outside the cage, sometimes in the bathroom, sometimes on the floor next to the bed, sometimes in our bed on my pillow. He has been walking so much more and even though he has a funny walk now and his back legs still bend at this weird angle, it doesn't seem to bother him. Also, he seems to be able to jump off the couch ok, but he can't jump up onto things. He tries. Oh, yes, he is definitely trying. He gets his paws up on the edge of the couch and you can just see him trying to push off like he used to. Sometimes I help him up but sometimes I let him work at it. He needs to work at it, I think, so he can rebuild the muscles. It might be that he never jumps again but who knows, he might be able to. He seems to want to try.

Yesterday, I did pick him up and put him on the couch with me and he found some random catalogue from the mail that I was about to throw away ... but Wampi was fascinated with it! He used to always love to play with balls, and feather mouses, paper & plastic bags, and probably his favorite thing to do was to just shred paper. It's pretty funny to watch unless it's your homework or some important bill or something! lol. Well, it is still cute.

Here are the pics from Wampi's playtime with the magazine, ie Wampi makes confetti!
=)













posted by Cam at 6:48:00 AM |

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute! he looks so much better and happier!!! way to go Wampi hugs from Spaz & Boots ^..^

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Blueyes said...

LOL mine used to do that to once she was tired of laying on it.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 5:16:00 PM  
Blogger Emerald said...

My Blue does this. And eats cardboard too. So glad Wamp meister is doing better! Give him hugs and kisses from me and my zoo!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 10:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good report, great pictures, Superdooper Wampi!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger Jenifer D. said...

I'm glad to see Wampi's steady recovery. My powder-puff, Choe, has gotten into the Brewer's Yeast craze and she has asked me to sign her up for Kitty Yoga classes this fall. Go figure. I put a pool on my roof-top patio, I just hope Choe doesn't expect swimming lessons.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:07:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

So god to see him playing and staying out of his cage.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger kewpiedoll said...

I < 3 Wampi to bits! ;)

Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:42:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I will have to say that I don't really like cats, but that last picture makes me wonder. Great picture..

Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger :: miss m :: said...

What is it with cats and paper? *chuckles* My one cat, Gracie, will even go after the tissues in the box. And since they keep coming up on after another, oh can it become a mess really quickly! :)

Monday, September 12, 2005 12:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home