Sunday, July 10, 2005
A Very Touching Cat Story
Richard posted this as a comment and I just wanted to share it with everyone. His story of finding a stray cat that he tried to save really moved me. I found myself in tears thinking about how lucky the cat was to have at least spent the last few days of his life with a person who tried so hard to help him.

Posted 7:31 July 9, 2005 by Richard

I am glad to hear he's doing good. I was in a similar situation over a year ago. I found a cat who just wanted to be loved. I gave him every reason not to come home with me, but he just was as perfect as you can imagine.


After taking him to the vet because he had an obvious eye infection, we discovered he had a broken jaw. This took the range of money needed to get him better out of my league. For 2 days I was burning the phone lines trying to get him the financial assistance he needed.


After work, I went to the vet's to spend time with him, and all he wanted was attention. The vet himself was surprised at how loving he was considering his condition. He had an eye infection, respitory infection, an infested sore from the broken jaw and the broken jaw itself.

After 2 days of calls, I finally found 2 orginizations that would help financially, and 1 that would financially along with vets who would treat him at cost. I was to take him to the new vet the next morning.

That night he passed away. The respitory infection, even with the medicine being given to him was just to much for a cat in his weakened condition.

I am glad Wampi has found a good family
.

Thanks Richard, for your touching story.
posted by Cam at 5:24:00 PM |

1 Comments:

Blogger TaraMetBlog said...

That is really touching and I'm very sorry Richard. You definitely did all you could do and more.

I really think cats know when their time is nearing. My cat Gremlyn, despite the name, was very affectionate but also independent. When we found out that she had cancer in her mouth she became even more loving, breaking my heart really. She wanted to just be near me all the time and I spent my summer staying home with her and giving her the petting and attention she wanted. Even when it came time to put her to sleep she was so docile and almost happy at the Vet's as if she knew and was ok with it. (ok now I'm teary at my desk).

Monday, July 11, 2005 4:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home