Thursday, July 21, 2005
More Wampi Pics
Just wanted to share a few photos I took of Wampi yesterday. He's doing pretty good still and seems almost content in the cage. He doesn't try to get out or move too much. He stares at the pigeons outside of the window but he doesn't get too upset that he can't get them.

MORE DONORS SINCE YESTERDAY! Wow. Thank you's go out to Joyce, Thomas, Adela and Judy. =D So many visitors, so many donors, such wonderful people! Don't forget everyone, send me your kitty pictures so I can include them in the Feline Friends section that I will put up this weekend.

A little note - I'm behind in emails but if you emailed me I should get to all of them by late tonight. I try to answer every email but sometimes I get behind since I'm taking care of our baby girl, Avalon and Wampi too. Avalon is now 6 months old and she is starting to crawl...that's a handful!

So I went to take a few photographs and Wampi became really curious. I have at least 6 different pictures of him "rubbing up" against the camera! He's so cute and cuddly ... he even loves getting pet by the camera. =)

Here he is calmed down a bit and just hanging out. You can see a little bit of the new green cast which I haven't autographed yet ... I should finish today and will have pics of his autographed cast tomorrow!

Every now and then he gives me a look like this! Just cocks his ear to the side and stares at me. It's pretty darn cute, if you ask me. I think he wasn't sure why I was taking so many pictures of him. =^..^= If you look closely, you can see out behind him through the mesh and outside the window. The black criss-cross behind him is our window gates ... all New Yorkers have these on their windows! And we have a lovely view of another brick building complete with lots of pigeons that Wampi stares at intently from his cage.
posted by Cam at 7:42:00 AM |

9 Comments:

Blogger morealyera said...

what you are doing is wonderful!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's few, but I linked your page, it's in a public post in my livejournal and on my user profile page.

I love kitties, this is the least I could do.

Ciao

Lestat, from Italy

Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jenifer D. said...

If I didn't know any better, I'd say Wampi is thinking about what he's going to do to those miscreants that tossed him off the roof when he gets better. ;)

Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People are gullible enough to fall for this shit?

Gosh, I'll see if I can dig up some pics and make up a sob story and make a little extra cash by preying on the sympathy of strangers. If cat pics are making you money, maybe I'll try to "adopt an abused kid" and post pictures of them for people's cash...

Where's my paypal "donate now" button when I need it!?

You're a low life.

Friday, July 22, 2005 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger Cam said...

anonymous - Of course you don't put your name because you are afraid to let us know who you really are!

Please don't post here again ... your troll-like negative comments are not welcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

morealyera - thank you for your kind words!

lestat - thanks for the link, I will add you to the Webmasters for Wampi section too.

jenifer - Good one! I wonder what he'd do??

Saturday, July 23, 2005 3:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao - I might not leave my name, but you don't deny that this is a crock of BS either, do you?

This is almost as bad as the guy who was raising money in the name of some rabbit - and threatening to kill and eat him if he didn't get the 50 grand.

Sad that people will stoop to this level. Sad that people will take advantage of people's sympathy.

Sunday, July 24, 2005 2:55:00 AM  
Blogger Cam said...

Anonymous Troll-

Everything I have written here is true. Wampi is real. I am real. What happened to him is real. The surgery he had to save his life was real and so are the huge bills. It's not BS, as you put it.

Stop posting here. Your negative comments are not welcome.

Sunday, July 24, 2005 4:43:00 AM  
Blogger Les Becker said...

Poor Wampi! We have a kitten that looks very much like Wampi (not a purebred anything - her name is Patchouli), that got squashed about a month ago when a heavy table fell on her. Big vet bill, but she got away with a concussion and a bloody nose. She walked in circles for a couple of days though.

I hope you raise lots of "Wampi money".

You can see our Patchouli recovering Here , if you like.

We will be sending a donation for Wampi as soon as possible.

Monday, July 25, 2005 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Cam said...

Oh! Patchouli does look like a baby Wampi! And she looks like a very scared little baby in that video ... awww...I'm so sorry to hear what happened to her, but I'm glad she's ok. That must have been so scary.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 3:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home