Monday, July 25, 2005
Is it Monday already?
Wampi standing up a bit awkwardly.
OK, I'm tired ... and it's only 5am on a Monday morning. So much to do! But I did want to post to keep everyone updated on Wampi and the site.

Wampi is doing really well. He stood up yesterday and stretched, turned in a circle (awkwardly with the cast) and sat back down. He usually stays in the same position for hours and hours unless I bring out the food ... then he gets a bit excited!

In another week he will be getting more X-rays to see how his leg is healing. Hopefully, he will get that cast off.

BACKGROUND: For those of you who haven't read the background on Wampi ... some horrible person threw Wampi off the roof and he broke both his back legs. One was so bad the bone tore through the skin and he got a bone infection and the other one was broken near the joint. We took out a loan an paid for surgery on the really bad leg. The other leg they said he needed surgery but we couldn't get any more money to pay for it. That is the leg in the cast. The vet said most likely he will have a limp in that leg and arthritis. But hey, at least we were able to get the really bad leg fixed! Time and a cast are working on the other. He would have died if the bad one hadn't been operated on. So, it will be interesting to see what the X-Rays show.

Wampi was lucky he didn't break his back or crack his skull. He's a tough kitty. Ugh. I still can't believe someone just dropped him off the roof and left him to die. What sickos. >_<

Wampi's leg that was operated on, has a steel plate in it and as far as we know the bone infection is gone. He took all his antibiotics and he seems to be doing great. He is putting pressure on both legs and can now make it on his own into the cat litter box. (Yes, I had to help him into it in the beginning and hold him while he went ... it was hard but we managed.) Also, the leg that had the operation on well, the foot is a little off ... it sticks out at a weird angle. The vet said that this is because they had to remove the smaller leg bone because it was shattered. The bigger leg bone was patched back together with a steel plate and screws.

SITE UPDATE: I tallied up all the medical bills and am almost finished scanning them in ... my scanner messed up on me halfway through and my headache is preventing me from investigating further ... it will have to wait until I wake up. So for anyone who wants to see them, I should have them up maybe by tonight.

I put a Guest Map on the page ... look in the sidebar to the right, scroll down until you see Odds and Ends. Click on the button that says Sign My Guest Map. You can put a pin on the map, add your name, and a little message.

Friends of Wampi! I will have photos posted tonight of all his new kitty friends!

MORE DONORS OVER THE WEEKEND! Thank you Sara, Stacey, Theresa and Court. =) Ya'll are awesome.
posted by Cam at 5:05:00 AM |

6 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

It's always the way, you try to scan stuff and the machine goes on strike. Hope you are feeling better now as well.

Monday, July 25, 2005 2:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't followed this saga very closely but I will now.

Anybosdy who harms an animal doesn't deserve much better !

Monday, July 25, 2005 2:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I see new pics of Wampi, my eyes well up. I'm glad he's recovering from his fall. By the way, did your landlord ever fix the window that Wampi climbed out of? I shudder to think if that was little boy or girl that climbed out that same window and fell six stories. You can bet your landlord would have a nice lawsuit on his/her hands. ;-)

Monday, July 25, 2005 11:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great news! I have noticed in these new pics that Wampi's expression has changed, too. A couple weeks ago, he looked depressed and in pain..you could see it in his eyes, but in these shots, he looks like a more content kitty who is enthusiastic about life again. I'm so glad he's doing well. :-)

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Cam said...

I really do think Wampi is doing better, physically and emotionally. This morning I took pics of him for the Web-Divas (they adopted him as their mascot) and he was a bit fiesty by the end. He tried to eat the sign! I will be posting those pics soon.

My scanner is still on strike, Jane and my latches on my window are still broken, Jenifer. But good news is that I got the drivers for my scanner ... getting closer to having it live again ... and the super came and inspected the windows. He said he would try to fix them next week. Better! Wampi is getting his cast off soon!!!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 6:43:00 PM  
Blogger Cam said...

Thanks for stoppying by, Old Guy! I love your blog.

=D

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 6:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home