Saturday, July 09, 2005
Bright eyes and whiskery-faced Wampi

There have been 5 donations in the last 24 hours! Wow! I'm really amazed. Thanks go out to all these wonderful people: Tara, Sheryl, Meli, Rachel, and The Lazy Iguana.

I've been getting more and more support from so many wonderful webmasters that I've been thinking I would like to add a section in the sidebar called "Webmasters for Wampi." Maybe I should even make a small banner or button? Wonder what people think?

More fundraising ideas: Tara had some great ideas -- make t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc through Cafe Press and sell them here. Might be cool. Also, that free ipod thing might work too. I would need 5 referrals and then I would get an ipod that I could turn around and sell on Ebay. Wonder how much ipods are going for on Ebay? Wonder if I could even get 5 referrals by the time the loan is due? Might be worth a shot!

Wampi state-of-mind update: he is feeling frisky this morning and didn't want to take his medicine! Up until today, I just open his mouth and use an eyedropper to put it in ... but no ... not today! He is getting his strength back and his resolve. It took a little longer, but he finally downed the whole dose.
posted by Cam at 7:16:00 AM |

9 Comments:

Blogger C. Hedges said...

Glad to hear Wampi is feeling frisky this morning!

Deliberate Chaos

Saturday, July 09, 2005 8:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is a beautiful cat.

Saturday, July 09, 2005 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Wampi I Hope You Get Well Soon!
Good Luck!
-Mick

Saturday, July 09, 2005 2:49:00 PM  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I put the Wampi banner on my blog. It should steer more traffic here.

I have three cats. If someone threw one of my cats off a roof, I would end up in jail - I own more than one rifle.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 1:10:00 AM  
Blogger Cam said...

hey everyone! thank you so much for all your kind words.

and lazy iguana ... wow! thank you for putting the banner in such a great spot!

Sunday, July 10, 2005 1:39:00 AM  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

You have no idea how long that took. I am not exactly a html code expert. Getting the banner in the right place AND making it clickable required about an hour, and two beers.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 2:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wampi is adorable. I am pleased I could help, if only a little. I'd donate some cans if I was not all the way across the U.S. :)

Sunday, July 10, 2005 4:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear he's doing good. I was in a similar situation over a year ago. I found a cat who just wanted to be loved. I gave him every reason not to come home with me, but he just was as perfect as you can imagine.

After taking him to the vet because he had an obvious eye infection, we discovered he had a broken jaw. This took the range of money needed to get him better out of my league. For 2 days I was burning the phone lines trying to get him the financial assistance he needed.

After work, I went to the vet's to spend time with him, and all he wanted was attention. The vet himself was surprised at how loving he was considering his condition. He had an eye infection, respitory infection, an infested sore from the broken jaw and the broken jaw itself.

After 2 days of calls, I finally found 2 orginizations that would help financially, and 1 that would financially along with vets who would treat him at cost. I was to take him to the new vet the next morning.

That night he passed away. The respitory infection, even with the medicine being given to him was just to much for a cat in his weakened condition.

I am glad Wampi has found a good family.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 7:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We <3 Wampi :)

Monday, July 11, 2005 7:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home